Join a Club
The Benefits of Belonging to a GCFM Garden Club
The rewards of joining a local club go beyond the enjoyment of growing things. Garden Club membership opens the door for you to explore a variety of aspects of gardening with others who share many common interests and goals:
- Learn through educational gardening programs
- Participate in the state garden club network by attending meetings, conferences and conventions
- Garden for a purpose with community service projects
- Promote environmental/conservation causes
Share your love of gardening and have fun!
How To Join a Garden Club
Send us your information using our online form and we will contact you with the name and details of a Club in your area. If you prefer to locate a garden club in your area, see our Clubs page or contact us at email@example.com.
If there is no garden club located in your general area, then you could also apply to the Garden Club Federation of Maine to become what is termed a Member-at-Large. You would be eligible to participate in all GCFM activities that are open to regular club members. You would also receive our electronic GCFM Newsletter. To become a Member-at-Large, please fill out the form below and state that you wish to join as a Member-at-Large. You'll be contacted as to where to send the yearly fee for this category of membership (as of June 1, 2016, the fee is $15 per year).
Once you are a member of a Federated Garden Club or become a Member-at-Large, you are also a member of the Garden Club Federation of Maine, New England Region and National Garden Clubs.
How To Start a New Garden Club
Learn more about starting a new Garden Club.
To Start A Club
- Find prospective members
- Hold an informational meeting
- Contact the Garden Club Federation President or the GCFM Membership Chairman to assist with forming a new club